Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pre-Thesis Paper

I know the purpose of the assignment was to use the template and plug in the vast body of work I've already completed for the master's thesis. I hoped to sit back with a self satisfied sigh and smile, "yep, just about over now". Do I even need to type the heartbreaking end to the story? The look of stunned betrayal, the denial, the anger, and slowly...inevitably... the acceptance. A final plaintive question there in the dark loneliness of my daughter's old room, "Is there any chocolate cake left?" No, wait, that's not the question. The choking, agonized, inquiry, "Is that all there is?" and the undeniable reality: yep, that's all there is.

View my pathetic efforts: http://www.geocities.com/pitmandarlene/papers.html

4 comments:

Brian Newberry said...

I have to apologize for laughing first and foremost. The way you expressed the disappointments was so perfect!

The good news is that soon you will feel the satisfaction you expected!

Bruce Rhodewalt said...

Darlene,

That actually looks like a lot of work, much more than I expect to have done by tomorrow. Where did you recycle it from? Are you at the end of your MA program? I have another year; do you think that means I should expect to have a lot less than you completed?

Thanks.

Bruce

Bill said...

Darlene, I have one word to describe your work, wow! You have a lot of work already done and it is looking good. It makes me wish I would have focused on my project in ETEC 544. We did a group project in that class, so it was hard to focus on my project.

Bruce, I am with you. I am just starting on my project, so I have a ton of work to do, too.

Unknown said...

Darlene, you are a riot. I knew I could look forward to your contributions!

Anyway, you have at least more done than I do, and your literature review looks great. And I am supposed to graduate in 2 months! Keep plugging away, one step at a time is the way to go.