Sunday, April 27, 2008

Literature Review Part 1

I finished writing the first section of my lit review. I'm obviously going to miss my self-imposed deadline of May 4th for completing the whole thing, but I hope to finish the second section by then. My project is a series of video screen capture tutorials for teachers on using the new web page communication system. Part one of the l.r. discusses the need for technology in the classroom and the barriers to implementation. One significant barrier is teacher training for technology use and follow up support. The end of the section examines teacher motivation and the importance of support to ensure teachers will use the technology after the initial training is over. Writing these reviews always gives me a dozen new directions to research, just like teaching new science concepts always makes me think, 'what about if I do this?' It seems neverending and I get discouraged because there's no way to investigate every idea that pops in my head and then I start feeling like I'm not being thorough. I also must admit that the paper is limited to the articles I was able to find. This process always leaves me wanting to know more without the time to explore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

“...investigate every idea that pops in my head. ...limited articles”

I share that challenge as well. I use the approach to write those ideas down in an outline that I’ve created for my literature review. I also keep a copy of the resource references I’ve read and research the author in the CSUSB data base for a particular topic.

Sometimes I can find a different article by the same author that relates to the particular content I’m researching.

###

Zee M said...


Hi Darlene

When you get a minute please share your thoughts on my three major topics listed on my blog.
Right now I am trying to work on my LR.

maria said...

hi Darlene

I just posted my three areas, but as I mention on my post I'm changing my areas as I read more articles. Please give me some feedback on the areas that I've posted.

Anonymous said...

Darlene,

Thanks for the comment, sorry we could not have communicated earlier. I was a little behind updating my blog.

Our topics are very similar, I have emailed Dr. Newberry discussing my feelings towards the topic and he helped recommend my 3 areas of focus.

I notice as I further analyze our situation, I think screen capture is part of the solution to solve technical support issues, but the other part of the problem is teacher motivation, acceptance, and /or interest to use the technology.

Scott